Terms of Reference (ToRs)
Location: Permet / ALBANIA
Full/Part time: Full time (12 months)
Deadline for Application: 21/07/2022, 16:00 CET
CESVI intends to hire a Local Coordinator for the implementation of the project “Improve Access to Public Services for Youth Empowerment in Permet (IN-YEP)” in Albania.
Cesvi is an independent association, working for global solidarity. Its leading values, human solidarity and social justice are transferred into humanitarian and development aid, strongly affirming the importance of Universal Human Rights. The words “Cooperazione e Sviluppo” (cooperation and development), whose initials form the acronym Cesvi, well describe the organization’s commitment to a participatory approach, where beneficiaries of any intervention have a leading role, called upon to operate for their own development. In fact, cooperation does not lead to true development if it is not experienced and built on commonly agreed upon and implemented actions. Accordingly, Cesvi is strongly committed to keeping a clear distinction between international aid and mere charity, refusing any influence and imposition from interests-oriented donors.
Cesvi has intervened in Albania since 1997, first in the middle and southern areas of Sarandë, Gjirokastër, Përmet, Delvinë, Lushnjë and Fier. From 2004 to the present, Cesvi is working in the southern part of Albania (Gjirokastёr Region, Pёrmet District), focused in the promotion of tourism, standardization of food-farming production, capacity building, the creation of a brand name for the typical and local products, creation of new job positions, and increasing the quality of life of the population.
IN-YEP is a project that will support the improvement of youth welfare and development by enhancing the local public infrastructure and quality of and access to services for them in the Municipality of Permet.
IN-YEP is implemented through the consortium composed of Municipality of Permet- Lead Partner and Cesvi- Project Partner.
The Local Coordinator position is mostly located in the Cesvi Office in Permet, but s/he can work even remotely. S/he will be responsible for day-to day management of the activities of the project. In the following link you can find more information about the project: https://bashkiapermet.gov.al/in-yep/
The Local Coordinator will report directly to the Legal Representative of CESVI.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Facilitate day-to-day management of the project.
- Responsible for timely implementation of the projects’ activities.
- Monitor implementation of projects’ activities.
- Collaborate with the project financial manager of CESVI to manage project financial resources to achieve the projects’ results in line with the outputs and activities outlined in the grant contract.
- Assist in facilitating stakeholders’ active engagement in the project activities.
- Assist the staff of the Lead Applicant (Municipality of Permet) to prepare the progress report .
- Keep CESVI informed of projects progress and difficulties encountered.
- Identify the risks and impacts associated with the implementation of the activities
- Propose to CESVI the corrective measures and implement the adaptation plans if necessary, according to the arbitrations rendered.
- Coordination with the project staff of Municipality of Permet for the implementation of the project.
- Send on time all the required information to the Lead Applicant.
Requirements for the position
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in Economics, Law, Social Science or other related fields.
- Very good written and oral communication skills, in English
- Constructive, energetic and positive attitude in the work.
- Good managing and coordination skills and high sense of responsibility
General Work Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of general working experience.
- Previous relevant working experience with EU or other donors funded project will be an asset.
Specific Work Experience
- Previous experience in at least one project as expert, coordinator, or manager preferably in projects financed by EU or other foreign donors
- It desirable to have experience with working with the local community in Permet.
Compensation and Benefits
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary.
Applicants shall submit a cover letter and a CV in English language. Any additional relevant documents can be included. Applications should be submitted no longer than 21st July 2022, 16:00 CET at email@example.com. In the subject of the e-mail should be written: Application for local coordinator, IN-YEP project.